Thursday, September 30, 2010

Splendid China! (Part 1)

Landon and I met up with a girl from church, Noelle, and went to Splendid China for the day.  Splendid China has two parts.  One the one side it is like the Polynesian Culture Center where they have all the different minority villages with shows and performances.  The other side is a miniature China which is composed of miniature sculptures of the historical and famous sites found all over China. Then at the end they put on a big production like they do at the PCC in Hawaii and it was my favorite part of the whole thing.  It was so much fun and I can’t wait to go and see all of the things in real life.  I have lots of photos and videos from this day, Noelle gave me all of hers.
We went inside one of the temples; they always have interesting designs, lots of Buddhas, and incense.
Landon with the One Thousand Eyes and Hands Buddha.
The Dai village

The Grand Horseback Battle Show - It was so loud that I plugged my ears for the entire thing and let Landon take all of the pictures.  We have about 50 of just the show, so if you would like to see more of it just let me know and I can send you more. 

Some interesting folk art. 
Uygur Village - Since I was pretty much the only blonde one there, I was chosen out of the crowd to dance.  He dipped me and I fell.  Then he picked me up and spun me around and I thought I was going to fall or throw up. 


 Tibetan Village
Yi Village - Landon got chosen out of the group to participate in this one. 
Part 2 will be coming shortly with pictures of the miniature China and the grand finale performance. 

1 comment:

Brett Emily & Jaxon said...

landon is such a great dancer!!! all your pictures makes me want to come visit you more!