Monday, September 20, 2010

Longhua

This is just a very few pictures of what China is like.   Every day we kind of just wander the streets, take new buses, and try new things.  This is just a collection of random pictures when I have remembered the camera of some of the oddities. 
This picture is in a grocery store where they have live chickens in the back waiting for someone to buy one.  Most grocery stores will actually have them hanging up in the windows of the shops.  I actually got told that I wasn’t allowed to take pictures in there, but I played the whole dumb American I don’t understand what you are saying to me card. 
The traffic and driving in China is crazy.  I would hate to drive here, it seems that everyone disregards the traffic lights and does what every they want.  This picture does not do it justice, but it is complete chaos.  Pedestrians cross at their own risk.  Landon and I call this live frogger when we try and cross the streets in between cars and bikes.  I will have to get a better picture of a traffic jam because they are frequent.  But surprisingly we have not encountered many accidents; I do not know how they do it. 
The streets of Longhua.  Almost down every street you can find little ma and pa restaurants or just stands on the street selling food with little tables out for you to eat at.  This is just down a random street.
We came across a Pagoda, there are lots of them around here. 

These poor pigs, there are lots of trucks and they try and pack as many pigs as they possibly can in one of these little trucks.  You can always tell when they pass by with the stench that floods your nose. 

1 comment:

Brett Emily & Jaxon said...

i can't believe all those pigs crazy. well at least the chicken will taste fresh has landon bought one to cook for dinner?